L’atelier des écrivains – The Writers’ Workshop, France offers Writers’ Hideaway for uninterrupted writing time
For immediate release
L'atelier des écrivains - The Writers' Workshop, France is pleased to announce that we now have a writers' hideaway available for hire. La Petite Maison at Moulin du Pont is a 200-year-old stone mill cottage surrounded by beautiful countryside that offers the perfect spot for writing.
Participants on L'atelier des écrivains - The Writers' Workshop, France are eligible for discounts. So, if you fancy taking part in our workshop and then having a few more days (or even weeks, should you want them!) to put what you've learned into practice, this is the place to do it. The cottage is just a 20-minute drive away from La Sauzade, the beautiful 18th century manor house where L'atelier des écrivains - The Writers' Workshop, France takes place.
Becky Slack, co-host of L'atelier des écrivains - The Writers' Workshop, France and onsite host at La Petite Maison, says: “We know from our own experience that it can be difficult to find the time and the head space for uninterrupted writing so we’ve created an opportunity for people to do just that. Participants on our workshop now have a place where they can put into practice all they have learned, or it can be booked out separately.”
Three comfortable bedrooms (two doubles and a twin room) are on offer, allowing for up to six adults. However, we anticipate that the maximum number of writers using the space at any one time will be three. Writers who crave total solitude and would like it all to themselves are also welcome.
The communal spaces include a cosy lounge with log-burner, kitchen-diner, first floor terrace overlooking the riverside garden and a patio. Recently refurbished, modern appliances and new furnishings complement the many original features the building offers.
La Petite Maison at Moulin du Pont is nestled in the midst of sunflower fields and rolling hills. The area attracts a lot of wildlife, including deer, boar, birds of prey and some very beautiful butterflies and dragonflies.
Food and drink
The fridge and cupboards will be stocked with a selection of vegetarian ingredients upon arrival (enough for two days), but after that, writers are to take responsibility for their own supplies. Alternatively, Wendy Meers, our much-celebrated chef at L'atelier des écrivains - The Writers' Workshop, France, lives just around the corner and is available for private catering.
The cottage is very remote with the nearest town being a ten-minute drive away. Weekly trips to the nearby supermarkets and markets will be arranged for writers without their own transport.
While we fully anticipate our writers taking full advantage of the peace and quiet to make progress with their creative projects, some optional entertainment and activities will be arranged. These will vary depending on the time of year, but are likely to include restaurant meals, canoeing trips, live music, BBQs, visits to nearby tourist attractions. Additional costs will apply.
Pricing and availability
La Petite Maison is available for writers between 1 March and 30 June, and 1 September to 30 October. Seven nights’ stay, plus two days’ worth of vegetarian ingredients and all lifts to markets, restaurants etc costs £595. Airport transfers can be arranged for an additional fee. Discounts are available to people who book onto L'atelier des écrivains - The Writers' Workshop, France.
* L'atelier des écrivains - The Writers' Workshop, France offers immersive writing courses in beautiful Aquitaine. Set against the backdrop of one of France’s prettiest villages, our courses focus on the practical skills and techniques needed to support all types of fiction and creative writing. https://www.latelierdesecrivains.com/
* The next workshop takes place between Thursday 19 to Monday 23 September 2019. It is designed to delve more deeply into participants’ writing, into their ideas, sharpen characters and look at story endings. With the addition of private consultations with Helen Cross, which will be tailored to individual needs, participants will learn the best way to take their writing forward.
* Groups are limited to a maximum of 10 people. Included on the programme are optional wellbeing sessions, such as yoga and country walks, and inspiration sessions at nearby historical sites – all designed to fire up the creative process and help the words flow.
* Images of both L'atelier des écrivains - The Writers' Workshop, France and La Petite Maison are available here.
* For more information, please contact Becky Slack at firstname.lastname@example.org or on
+44 (0)7854 221 568